Sunday 25 April 2021

M.D. KATARIA PROVIDES INSPIRATIONAL MATERIAL AND USEFUL POINTS FOR LEARNING IN HIS BIOGRAPHY



 M.D. KATARIA PROVIDES INSPIRATIONAL MATERIAL AND USEFUL POINTS FOR LEARNING IN HIS BIOGRAPHY


BRIEF PROFILE OF THE AUTHOR:

Mangal Deo Kataria is a Civil Engineering graduate from B.H.U., having passed out in 1955. Worked in Indian Railways for 32 years and retired as ADRM (NORTHERN RAILWAYS) in 1990 from Jodhpur (Rajasthan). Written technical papers and read them in many important Seminars. Travelled in India on pilgrimage and pleasure tours for about 100 plus times. Has been incharge of various assignments in Rotary clubs and Bharat Vikas Parshad. Has been honoured on various occasions. Has been Chief Guest in various functions. Fond of keeping records of various types of information in his well-maintained library. He is a   health conscious person and keeps records of health files for himself and his family. He is always cheerful and takes the life as it comes.

SOCIAL MEDIA LINK:

FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001845857063 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q Are you a professional writer? How many of your books have been published so far?

By profession I am a Civil Engineer. Whole of my life has been in the service of the nation through the Indian Railways. I have written, presented and published several technical papers in this field. Also, I have almost always kept record of my daily routine. I am a keen observer of good things and good writings and meeting good people, from whom I have learnt how to live a successful life. My present biography book in Hindi language सफलता के सूत्र---मंगल देव कटारिया की जीवनी (जीवन की मधुर स्मृतियाँ) is the first book written by me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q What is your specific field of writing?    

My specific field is writing of technical papers mainly in the field of Civil Engineering. Since I am a Civil engineer I have written technical papers based on my field experience and visits to various civil engineering projects in India.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q What has been the general assessment of the readers for your technical papers? What is your own assessment?

The authorities in Centre and State Government services liked my technical papers as these also served as guides to other engineers in the service. As per my own assessment I have tried to give detailed information based on my vast experience of field working and visits to projects in India, in the best possible manner, so that it will be useful for the other Engineers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q Who is your role model?

My role model has been my mother, who inspired me for higher education and also developed leadership in me for Social services.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q Do you recommend writing of books jointly? In your opinion what are the areas of benefits & problems, in such joint ventures?

Based on my observations, I don’t recommend writing books jointly, as it does not give satisfaction to the writer to imprint his mind in the book. Secondly, unless both or all the authors work in unison and in a spirit of give and take and adjustment, it is likely to hinder the progress instead of fast progress and quality output.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q When & how did you get the idea to write your biography. On an average, what is the timeframe to complete one book, in all respects?

The idea to keep record of events of my life came to me right around 1949 (High School days) . But there have also been difficulties in the implementation of this idea leading to breaks, with the result that data for some periods are not available. Due to the piecemeal writing, it took almost 22 Years for my biography to come out. Normally a book can be written in a span of about six months in regular sittings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q Besides the quality of writing, in your opinion, what are the other factors for the success of a book?

Besides quality of writing, the book should be printed with very good durable quality of paper, with readable font size, with an eye catching cover page design and the back page of the book devoted for divine thoughts. All this should be followed by a well thought out marketing effort.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q Which aspects motivated you to write the present book? Earning money/publicity/helping readers/self-satisfaction/others?   

The motive of writing my biography has been to educate the readers for facing the problems as they come and work hard to achieve missions and targets of life and make this process easier by making use of experience of others. My philosophy has been to remain active in society, do social work, be helpful to others besides the professional work, have full faith in God, the Almighty, and lead a satisfied and happy life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q How have you been able to divide the available time between job, leisure, home and your writings?  

In my opinion, time is always available for a person to do something or the other. What is required is the will to work and to accomplish missions in life, which I have tried to do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q Have your family members and friends helped and/or contributed in any way, in your writing work?

My wife is the first helper in managing my library and to record events to be referred to, in future. My grandson and granddaughters also helped towards upkeep of the library. My grandson was the big motivating factor in my writing, details of some portions of my life, for which data was there but it was not available in a systematic manner. He also took full responsibility of publication of this book. My sons also helped in proofreading and other connected works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q What is your opinion about e-book vis-a –vis the printed book?  

I believe in a printed book, as a permanent record for reference. It is easy to read and refer, as and when required, at any time and place, irrespective of the technology and is reachable to everyone without any technical limitations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q What are your future plans for writing ?

At present, I would like to get the information about the reviews, observations, comments/remarks, likes, appreciations etc. from the readers. The information so received would be compiled and printed as an annexure to this book. The annexure would be sent to various important libraries and institutions so that they know about this book and on demand, the copies of the book will be sent to such libraries and institutions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q What is your advice to the persons serving in various positions in the society? 

A person, who has served the society, must share his experience with others, for the benefit of the mankind in general. Such persons must write daily diaries of their observations, howsoever brief they may be. Later on these should form parts of books or reports or some other documents for reference.

                                                  ------------vijaiksharma

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SHRI V.K.SHARMA JI ,

Kindly accept my sincere thanks for writing the briefing of my biography and asking relevent questions which I replied in the context of my biography. This venture of yours gave me a unique pleasure at the age of 89 years. May god bless you with your family healhty prosperous long life.

M.D.KATARIA
MOB-9352155330
EMAIL-mangalrani18@gmail.com

Vijai K Sharma said...

I humbly accept your thanks and blessings. I felt that your efforts for writing the biography for the benefit of others should be made known to the extent possible. I had in my hands, these two actions, which you very kindly accepted and responded. As the interviewer, I appreciate the candid responses given to the questions posed during the interview, which the readers will find interesting. Let this be the starting point and let the message go through the medium of "Annexure" being planned by you. I also convey our best wishes for the success of this noble task.